Losing a loved one is probably one of the most draining, turbulent and sad emotions we go through in our lives. It doesn’t really matter whether a loved ones’ death is expected or sudden, the loss can be all encompassing and traumatic.
Funeral Directors understand the grief that the people who are left behind feel and many offer pre-arranged funeral plans to help lessen the anxiety and emotional worry that goes alongside arranging a funeral.
A pre-arranged funeral plan has many benefits:
- As stated earlier, it does help to reduce the anxiety and emotional worry that people feel when they have to make funeral arrangements on top of their loss.
- A pre-paid funeral plan will help you put financial provision in place in advance of when you need it. This means that you can budget for your funeral and take the strain off your loved ones when the time comes.
- You can make your funeral wishes known to your family well in advance of when those wishes need to be put in place. This in itself helps loved ones discuss your wishes openly without the emotional stress. They will also know exactly what you want for your funeral and don’t have to second guess.
- You can select your own funeral director too. This is a real benefit because you can build a relationship with them prior to your funeral taking place. They’ll be fully aware of your wishes and will follow them through exactly as you wish.
- You can tailor your plan to suit your own exacting preferences and any special wishes, such as choice of transport or type of coffin. By tailor making your plan prior to your funeral means that you’ll have plenty of time to really think about what you want, and it won’t be left to your loved ones to make decisions for you in their time of grief.
- You can ensure that your family have access to expert help and advice at the most difficult times and there will always be a sympathetic team to support them.
- As there’s no upper age limit for arranging pre-paid funeral plans, they can be put in place at any time, with no complicated medical forms to complete.
- The price you pay for a pre-paid funeral plan gives you financial security as the cost is guaranteed, provided that you don’t change the plan at a later date. Equally, you can spread the cost of the payment by paying in instalments over 2,3 4 or 5 years.
A typical pre-paid funeral plan will include the Funeral Directors services, provision of the necessary funeral arrangements, professional advice on certification and registration of death and conveyance of the deceased to the funeral directors premises. The deceased will also be taken care of until the funeral and there is provision for a coffin as well as transportation of the deceased to the nearest crematorium.
There is also a contribution included to cover the fees payable to any third parties.
Having said that, your funeral plan can be tailor made to your exacting wishes. This makes a pre-paid funeral plan flexible enough to contain any special requirements you and family want to include.
Extra limousines, preferences on coffin types, options to view the deceased prior to the funeral and collection and administration of any charitable donations can all be added to your plan.
If you’re thinking of opting for a pre-paid funeral plan, take a look at our website https://www.scandbscocks.co.uk/pre-paid-funeral-plans/ where you’ll find more information about our services and how we can help you tailor make your funeral plan to suit your needs.